I figured I should start off this blog by letting you know that if you come for Jenny Fitzgerald or Cindy Goldberg, I will throw down. Also, that's a picture of a bad apple. Because in 2020, I encourage you to make sure your friends are informed of the #badapple on our school board: Sandee Everett. She can use a cute apple photo in her campaign slogan all she wants. We all know what's up in 2020.
And to be clear, I cast nearly 10 seasons of The Bad Girls Club (you're right Sandee, I've got reality TV "training" and balls for dayssssss), so COME FOR ME.
In the words of #Barb (same Barb who lied about a "secret" meeting she alleged happened between Acorn reporter Dawn and CVUSD Sup. Dr. McLaughlin — psssst, didn't happen — the surveillance cameras actually documented said evening of alleged secret rendezvous and caught Barb lying about the interaction, while also chillin' with Amy Chen and Sandee Everett, but cough cough), "you don't intimidate me."
But like seriously. Publish 1,000 more hate pages. See how that works out for you. The last three worked out well in silencing me. Try me.
Disclaimer: I'm drinking a beer while typing this and will NOT be proofreading. Disclaimers are real! For example, Sandee Everett said a one-line disclaimer at an anti-public school forum that she wasn't speaking in her role as a trustee (even though 1) the press release of the event announced her speaking in her current role as a trustee, 2) she introduced herself as a current trustee, 3) her presentation slides had her school board campaign logo and 4) she allowed Mike Dunn to announce her 2020 re-election school board campaign at the event), so like duhhhh. Totes valid disclaimer.
Oh, in case you thought I had fucks to give, I don't. P.S. I like the word "fuck." It's efficient and doesn't waste syllables. Clutch the pearls, if you must.
Tonight's board meeting was every bit of the circus you imagined it would be ... orchestrated by board member Sandee Everett, who has demonstrated since losing the board majority in November 2018 that she is going to make every effort to appear as though she's 1) a martyr for Christian students, 2) being "silenced" and 3) a victim.
I'd like to start out by first thanking most of our board trustees and district personnel. The previous board majority had a tendency to put "controversial" items at the beginning of the meeting, which on more occasions than I can count, meant ACTUAL school board business got bumped from meeting to meeting to meeting. Sandee Everett doesn't tell her supporters this. She asks them to come and complain that it's unfair to parents that they have to wait for a few hours, listening to the board discuss ACTUAL policy that affects students, before they can bitch and moan about whatever talking points she and Amy Chen have sent them. (If you're catching up, Amy Chen ran (with Sandee Everett's endorsement) and lost in 2018, after having created a fake nonprofit in hopes of winning. So thank you to the board for making it a priority to STOP shoving real items from agenda to agenda to agenda and dealing with them before this frivolous AS FUCK nonsense. Every single constituent who pretends they care about students should be thanking the board, regardless of how "inconvenient" it is. Guess what sugars. It's 3 a.m. I work full time, have a PFA board meeting today, and back-to-school night Thursday, and I'm not complaining that the board handled business first.
Here are my reactions from the board meeting this evening:
1) People with talking points are obvious. I mean yes, I already knew that people were being recruited and organized to come and say specific things via social media, but to watch it in real time is something else. I mean, at least personalize it. Having a dozen people in a row get up and say the exact same comment just seems, um ... weird?
2) John Andersen's train hasn't just derailed — it's jumped a shark, a whale ... Mt. Everest. Like that guy isn't even trying to pretend he's on the good governance parade or ever was. He used the term "poppycock." I'm not making that up. And then, he referred to trustee Ms. Fitzgerald's social media post as "sophmoric." Boo boo bear. TRY WRITING THAT. You aren't equipped. John couldn't even write his own fake apology letter to me. He had to have a legal team work with admin to write a multi-paragrah "apology" letter that didn't say: "I'm sorry." You might also recall that John emailed the CDE (California Dept. of Ed.) and demanded that they send him a list of community member names that had emailed them over concern of the district's abuse of their book annotations (per Sandee Everett's literature policy that he was trying to push through.) Anyway, he's now in charge of leading a mass opt-out of public schools after his school board presidency went to shit.
3) YAY dual enrollment. As you can expect by now, Sandee Everett's response was to suggest that supporting dual enrollment may be risky because there is a possibility "some" students might think that the easy way out is to take a college course and get credit, as opposed to a more rigorous CVUSD course. One, excellent of Sandee to admit that our CVUSD courses are challenging and rigorous in nature — despite past claims that CVUSD is trying to implement lit curriculum that isn't up to standards — and 2) WTF? Can you imagine a trustee attempting to denigrate and dissuade dual enrollment, and indirectly in the process insulting our local community colleges? Our community colleges KICK ASS. Seriously, Moorpark College is a TOP-RANKED COLLEGE. Also, you want to suggest that students not benefit from access to FREE college credits under the guise that you want to challenge if it's rigorous enough (BTW — district personnel confirmed courses must be from accredited school sites)?? This is all bonkers to me. I can't imagine a school board trustee taking time to try and tear apart the opportunity for students to participate in dual enrollment opportunities as a way to suggest that the district isn't providing rigorous courses to students.
4) A parent spoke about how amazing her experience with the district was after recounting an open literature review session hosted by Lou Lichtl and Kenny Loo. She attended the session, noting only TWO parents attended, and raved about how Lou, Kenny and board trustee Bill Gorback spent 45 minutes answering EVERY questions she had about the literature titles up for discussion. She noted that the room was set up with water and snacks, new copies of the books, print-outs of descriptions, and that Lou spent time providing her all ed codes she asked about and pointed her to resources for every single question she had.
She said it was an absolutely fantastic experience.
Sandee Everett's response? It wasn't to compliment district personnel on the success of such a well-received event. It was to mock the low attendance (gee, wonder where all these parents who find six hours of time to complain about the books on board meeting nights were) and to wonder how anyone heard about it. GIRL. You are a school board trustee. How are you not following your own district's social media and communications?? It was on the website. It was tweeted out by the district and MULTIPLE district personnel. It was posted and advertised on Facebook. The Acorn shared the information. Middle school families received calls. I have a kindergartener and still managed to see the information about the multiple sessions being put on by the district a least half a dozen times. For fuck's sake. I know you're on social media. You've been posting denigrating comments about me all week. Try as you might to attempt to suggest that the district failed to market this event, but you just look foolish.
4) Our school board student trustee Jordan kicks ass. Seriously. She's engaged, she offers a true-to-student perspective, and she sits through the bullshit to be able to offer student input in whatever capacity she can. "We are the ones sitting at our desk for six hours a day with this stuff." I am #teamJordan
5) A woman who calls herself a psychic and pet communicator chose to attack both Jenny Fitzgerald and Cindy Goldberg via public comments. A pet communicator. A "psychic." She knows who I am. In fact, she was part of the cackling hens chastised by the bailiff during my restraining order case in which I was granted court-ordered protection. Interestingly enough, she didn't see that coming. Guess psychics have their limitations. She was hanging out with John Andersen in the lobby and loudly gasped when I came out to refill a water bottle. #qanon
6) A man got up and started berating everyone he thought was a liberal. Like he literally stood at the podium and starting yelling at one half of the room, ranting about his morals and how he wasn't forcing his morals on "us," and then actually had to be called to order by the board and reminded that he was supposed to speaking to the board ... not screaming at half of the board room audience. He then tried to say he was the sort of guy who taught about respect and about being a good neighbor to everyone. Gonna go out on a limb here and say ... that's whack, yo.
7) Jenny Fitzgerald wasn't censured because her post was a true and accurate representation of the forum and Ms. Everett's conduct. Ms. Everett wants everyone to believe that she's being misquoted and that everyone is hiding the video from the public. I shared the video— keeping in mind she edited it so that no other context to the event was provided. It's strange to me that she continues to state that the forum was pro-public schools, but then refuses to post the full video, stating it's not fair that people hear the theme of the event. SWEETIE POTATO PIE. The theme of the event was literally advertised in the event's official press release stating it was a mass PARENTAL OPT-OUT MOVEMENT, and stated our schools were anti-God and indoctrinating students. It was published on the online propaganda website, Citizens' Journal and on Godspeak Calvary website. Like ... it wasn't a secret. Ms. Everett embraced this theme in her presentation, in which she also claimed she'd never been presented with any data to suggested that trans students are victims of bullying, so therefore, there's no reason to support a curriculum that's inclusive of gender identity. Her solution was to address bullying AFTER it happened — cuz you know, fuck trauma to students she doesn't care about. Then she offered the disclaimer (after 20 minutes of saying that tolerance about gender identity was a leftist agenda designed to indoctrinate kids) that she supported all students. SO GUYZ, stop saying she doesn't like LGBTQ+ students! She specifically said one sentence out loud that said she did, so that's that!
OK. (No, but honestly that was her defense.)
8.) I love Jenny Fitzgerald. You could hear a pin drop in that damn room when she was speaking because you know she commands attention. And because they couldn't counter jack shit. She keeps it neat, professional and respectful. The same women claiming she was loudly making rude remarks at the forum? These are the same women who were chastised in court by the bailiff and the judge, and whose credibility was called into question by the very lawyer who first called them up as witnesses. Just for a dose of perspective. You don't get to hide anymore ladies. Own your behavior.
8) Then we got onto the censure request for Cindy Goldberg which was a shit show of a random hodgepodge of people they recruited who were literally force fed the exact same five bullet points to read out loud and pretend they cared. Half the people who went up admitted they had no idea who Cindy was and didn't actually know why they wanted her censured, but were told to speak, and then talked about random things not related to the censure, or Cindy.
9) And then, led by Amy Chen, was the move to come after Conejo Schools Foundation. Y'all ... can you imagine being so desperate to abuse the board's time for political gain, that you believe your best angle is to attack a NONPROFIT THAT HAS DONATED MORE THAN 9 MILLION DOLLARS TO OUR DISTRICT???????????
I'm not kidding. That was the angle. These people are SO desperate to "win," that they believe suggesting trustee Goldberg's position with the Conejo Schools Foundation is an ethics violation. CINDY, WHO FUCKING WORKS COUNTLESS HOURS for the foundation to SUPPORT STUDENTS AND GRANTS AND FUNDS FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS .... that is what they want to tarnish. They want to undermine a foundation that operates solely to fundraise millions of dollars to support teachers with grants and student-first programs. It's the most insane thing I've ever witnessed in my life.
Can you imagine how that conversation went?:
"GUYS! I know how we can get Cindy. First, we'll write in asking for a censure cuz like, cuz. And then like, we'll all insult the foundation ... yeah, you know, the one that generates millions of dollars for our students and teachers and exists solely to support our district. IT'S BRILLZ. It'll be our secret bomb! And we'll all be like, CINDY MAKES 54K A YEAR WORK 60+HOURS A WEEK SUPPORTING OUR STUDENTS AND we'll get her!!!"
And then, there were squeals and everyone was like, OMG, we are gonna kill it tonight!!! EEEEEK! WEEEEEEE!
Like, that for real, was their call for censure. $54k. FUCK, I'm outraged. Cindy ONLY makes $54k for spending 60+ hours a week supporting our schools.
10) Tim Cooley, Sandee's BIL, got up and lost his mind over the fact that people were speaking about how much Cindy has done for the district. He did this weird baby voice mocking, I can't really describe it, and then went on to state that it doesn't matter if virtually everyone in the entire community has had a positive experience with Cindy and all the works she's done for 15+ years for our schools.
So. um. yeah.
It was determined unanimously that there was no merit for censure. Of course, Sandee pretended that these attacks against Conejo Schools Foundation were new and alarming. 1) She helped orchestrate the talking points. 2) The district has already PUBLICLY addressed these concerns in TWO prior board meetings ... apparently Sandee blacked out and forgot about those discussions. Kind of like the meeting where the demographer she approved to hire as trustee gave a presentation on declining enrollment and she selectively forgot all of that and then demanded to know who hired the demographer ... but she threatened it could be cause for the district attorney to investigate ... so you can see the agenda she's pushing.
Anyway, that was it. It was gross. Because people are gross. And Sandee doesn't care about our students. But, we have a mostly sane board, who is committed to supporting our students and I take comfort in that. And it reminds me that in 2020 we need to back a candidate who will replace Sandee Everett so that these obnoxious circuses stop happening.
It's important to call out the bad actors. I'll take the hit. They've already done everything they can to me and then some. But let's please let our board get back to business.
Barbara St Charles
9/4/2019 09:30:19 am
Sorry, could be me but the ramblings at 3 am should have stayed there. I am not saying you did not have some important points. I am saying the Reality Show type writings sounded more like, bla bla bla bla bla
9/4/2019 09:40:59 am
Thanks for the feedback Barbara! As always, different opinions welcome. And, just a reminder that you can always unsubscribe if my blog doesn't suit what you're looking for! Have a great week.
9/4/2019 12:39:07 pm
I loved the post. In my opinion, it was thoughtful, open, entertaining, thorough, and accurate. Who would have thought different people like different things?
9/4/2019 11:04:03 am
Thank you so much for this thorough, fact-base recap of an important community event.
9/4/2019 02:53:47 pm
Who are you and why aren’t we friends? You’re the gal pal I’ve been looking for since I moved here!
Leave a Reply.