We spend a lot of our day hearing about all the things we're doing wrong or could be doing better as a parent.
I call bullshit.
Here's all of the things you've probably done right:
1. You fed your baby. PERIOD. I don't care how you fed your baby. You breastfed? AWESOME! You formula fed? AWESOME! You already rock!
2. You clothed your baby.
3. You held and rocked your baby, and comforted them.
4. You got up today, even if you didn't want to. Even if you're feeling defeated or tired. Even if you're sick. Even if you don't have anyone else to help. Even if you have multiple people to help. You got up today and are doing your best for your baby.
5. You made organic baby food.
6. You bought organic baby food.
7. You bought french fries.
8. You got vomit on you. And poop. And food. And spit-up. And you still bathed your child before yourself.
9. You bathed your child with baby wipes.
10. Maybe you dunked a bucket of water on them. ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE!
11. You made your kiddo laugh today.
12. You sang the same song to them 32 times.
13. You changed four diapers in a row, in under 20 minutes time.
14. You gave them puffs so you could have a few minutes of "you" time.
15. You worried about them.
16. You had a breakdown and still managed to make sure you cut off the crusts of their PB&J sandwich.
17. You went outside and screamed. Because, sometimes you need to.
18. You helped another mama.
19. You got up four times last night with a crying baby, yet still managed to brush your teeth this morning.
20. You've memorized Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.
21. You "fixed" a boo-boo.
21. You prevented a boo-boo.
22. You didn't prevent a boo-boo. Shit happens.
23. You hit "refresh" on the laundry cycle for the 3rd time.
24. You made a second PB&J after the first one found its way in the dog's mouth.
25. You barked like a dog to get your baby to bark. Because, why not?
26. You braved going into the public with a toddler.
27. You asked for help.
28. You went to work today. You "worked" at home today. You stayed at home today.
29. You realized you don't have to pick up all the toys.
30. You stocked up on coconut oil.